The weather has finally dropped here in Washington and is feeling more and more like fall! I thought why not celebrate the first cool day with a giant pot of soup.
I wanted to use the rest of the corn we had in the refrigerator so I decided to make a Corn Chowder. I knew this would be the perfect, hearty soup for the guys to come in and enjoy after a rainy day of working cows.
This chowder has lots of flavor and really sticks to your ribs. Heck! It’s even approved by cowboys.
· 4 sticks celery
· 1 onion
· 4 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
· 5 medium sized potatoes
· 4 tablespoons butter
· 1/8 cup flour
· 4 cups milk
· 2 cups heavy cream
· ½ teaspoon white pepper
· 2 teaspoons salt
· 10 slices of bacon
· 1 tablespoon of chicken bullion
1. Cut bacon into bite sized pieces.
2. Sauté bacon until browned. Add celery, onion, and butter to sauce pan with the bacon.
3. Add flour to mixture stir for 30 seconds.
4. Add milk and chicken bouillon let simmer.
5. Add potatoes, heavy cream, corn, pepper, and salt.
6. Cook until potatoes are soft.
Serve warm with biscuits